Sunday 1 March 2020

Asia Bibi in France



Asia Bibi was in France, promoting her new book, Enfin Libre! (Finally Free) written in French with the help on the journalist Anne-Isabelle Tollet.

In it, “she recounts her time in jail and her brutal treatment by guards.”

She says that her Christian faith I helped her through the ordeal, as she was put by the prison guards, and says that she always taught be would get away free.

"I found out from my husband that the whole world was praying for me. And that even the Pope had prayed for me. That made me happy. And I found out the whole world was praying for my misery to end.

She spent eight years on death row on blasphemy charges, that never seemed to end.

Now, she hopes one day to return to Pakistan.

Asia Bibi: I always believed I would be freed BBC News 28 February.